Painting success!

It took about 4 months to do these projects. I had all the material, plenty of time - I guess I just didn't want to screw them up. And, I did, but I am still pretty proud of them!


Both were incredibly easy, and incredibly cheap. Like most things in my life, I don't have an endless amount of patience. So, when it comes to taping, planning and taking my time to paint - well it just doesn't happen. I like instant gratification.

First the antlers - no tape used, I just winged it. If you don't have antlers lying around (thanks to Sam, the hunter man who found these - and many more - while out in the great outdoors) you can actually order them online. Then get yourself some acrylic pant, some paintbrushes & go to town. The painted beauties are now on my mantle, where hopefully they won't be examined because they are FAR from perfect, but they make me happy!
The chairs were a purchase from Home Again way back in the beginning of the house building. They were a sad sad brown color, so I loosely followed this DIY. Same theory as with the antlers - little patience & instant gratification = many drip marks and gold speckle everywhere, but if you squint they look perfect!

5 comments:

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

love the antlers!!! the place is really coming together. can't wait to come visit some day...haha. btw, i need to order some more jewelry! heading to your shop asap. xoxo

LindsB said...

love the painted antlers, such a cute detail! And those chairs, LOVEEE the feet!

Benlovesting said...

Oh my so lovely! X

Allie Gunter said...

Loving those chairs!
Newest follower :)

--Allie
http://lunavida23.blogspot.com/

sordar joy said...

Looks like we have a mutual admiration society forming.
Hexagonal floor Tile