Trusses!

The house got a little more house like on Friday - with trusses! Never thought I would be so excited about that! Here she was Friday afternoon...
 Big decisions this week - exterior color, fireplace design, tile choices - oh my! After struggling with the fireplace, I think I finally figured out what I am going to do. Keep in mind - this house is going to have a lot of white/light colors - white carrara marble counters, white cabinetry, white doors, white subway tile...  you get the picture. So, I need to infuse a little rustic so if someone in the future intends to purchase a "wyoming" house, there is a little touch of that going on.
The grey stone (limestone?) surround with the bolt detail, with the timber above as the mantle. I can't afford the rock-ness, nor do I think I would want it, so I will just be doing sheetrock in a creamy/taupe/beige color. The hearth will have the same grey stone on the top & sheetrock on the face.
You like?
I have changed my mind about a million times, so it quite possibly might be totally different in a week, but I feel good about it right now!

2 comments:

becky frisbie said...

Wow! It is really coming along. We have to stop by tomorrow to get the true feeling. So exciting!

Rebecca said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure it will be fab - you have such great taste!