Easy DIY Centerpieces

These centerpieces are a cinch. My parents hosted a party for the National Trust for Historic Preservation and centerpieces were needed for the event. I volunteered to pull something together, and with little more than $20.00 this is what I came up with. 

All you need is the least expensive fruit at the store (nectarines happened to be the special) some vases that were around the house and branches I collected from outside. Their were leaves still on the branches so I pulled them off mainly because by the time the party happens the leaves would have wilted and looked not so good. Easy fruit centerpieces are such a fun thing that can be tailored to any season - spring/summer: limes & lemons, fall/winter: apples, pumpkins, cranberries...


Enjoy your weekend - it is so gorgeous here in Jackson, and with lots of family around I couldn't be happier!

8 comments:

Morgan said...

I LOVE these! I'm going to try this this week. :)

Rebecca said...

So so so adorable! Nice work!

sws said...

oooh! Wish I were there. I'm missing all the fun. Beautiful centerpieces.

Val said...

WOW, I love these. What a perfect fall centerpiece!!

Ms. Givens said...

My friend, Tamara. does something similar. She puts limes & lemons in clear vases and then adds water.

Katie said...

Sooo pretty! I am thinking about what I can copy from this for my own fall dining room table... very cute!

Annie said...

Soooo pretty and festive AND ridiculously economical! Great work :)

Style Sisters said...

Love this centerpiece idea! Please come and link up to my Centerpiece Wednesday party and share you ideas with everyone.

Karin